Friday, September 14, 2018

A CLOSER LOOK:


From Phoenix, AZ





AMA SEA PEARL




Welcome to a world of peace with an ethereal-esque vibe mixed with simplistic creativity. Yep, that's what I felt when I met this little lady at Phoenix Fashion Week's Shop Garment District. Her spirit is something special.





Meet Ariel founder of Ama Sea Pearl. One of the accessory designers gracing the runway with her delicate wares. Her idyllic personality shines through her brand. She's just so precious!!


This young lady is such a breath of fresh air. Her jewelry which includes earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings are meant for any girl of any age.


Here's a closer look at this wonderfully thriving jewelry designer...


Give me one word that best describes your style of accessory? 
"Unique." Why?  "I would say unique, because of the nature of the pearls and why it is a material that is relatable to the human experience." 




What was your first piece ever created? Do you still have it?


"I made a bronze star locket in my first metals class, I carved it from wax and used lost wax casting to create it. Yes, I still have it and I could never part with it."




Aw that's so cool! I made a foot stool in Shop class in 8th grade and I still have it lol. It's so hard to part with those first loves.



What matters to you most as an accessory designer?
"Creating a piece that is just not about aesthetics, but has a meaning that the wearer can relate to."





What part of the accessory game excites you most?


"Being able to create accessories that individuals can relate to. Giving an accessory more meaning is what really gets me ecstatic."








What type of materials do you work with?



"Freshwater baroque pearls, fine silver, and sterling silver."





What is your favorite part of conceptualizing a new design?
"I’ve always found the process of coming up with any idea in the mind and finding solutions to bring that idea to fruition. Even more so going through the challenges as a designer to go from idea, to 2D sketch to finally an actual tangible design." 


Wow, I couldn't imagine where to begin in creating that next piece. Being the perfectionist that I am, my challenge would be starting the project uh seriously. I continue to find amazement in the level of creativity in designers.




Do you have any other experience in the jewelry industry?
"No, I don’t I’m still new to everything but I don’t let that discourage me. Since I am a full time graduate student I’m always learning. Learning from both sides of being a studio jeweler and learning about the industry."






Where do you find the inspiration to create your unique brand?
"The material I utilize, which are unusual pearls. I feel we are all like pearls, unique."











What has been your biggest challenge so far?


"So far is being the only one to make jewelry by hand."




I would think that would be a plus for you as a designer. Handmade jewelry is its own specialty being one of a kind craftsmanship. 









What is the best part of the designer bootcamp?


"The various challenges given, pushing myself to do my personal best."





What is the hardest part of the designer bootcamp?
"Defiantly trying to duplicate myself to fit the many roles to run a brand, since I am the only one. I often times have to delegate what is the priority."




With all the current trending fashion, how do you come up with new looks in order to standout from others?

"To be honest I actually don’t follow what is trending, I’m very insular for my design process. I am more so inspired to capture a feeling or a thought. Then I try to figure out how to convey that in a storytelling fashion into an actual piece that is tangible."





IG - @amaseapearl
Facebook - www.facebook.com/amaseapearl/

Make sure you catch this young lady and her brand on the big runway at Talking Stick Resort on October 18-20, 2018. Get your Phoenix Fashion Week tickets here.



See you on the runway!
Toy





Presented by www.chronicbehavior.com/   @chronicbehavior
www.facebook.com/FilmFashionFutures.com



Thanks to the Chronic Behavior team for their excellent coverage of the event. They are the team helping to support and promote the brand. We appreciate you for your continued support.


No comments:

Post a Comment