Film & Fashion Futures - Supporting Links
- Chronic Behavior LLC - Website
- LinkedIn - Film & Fashion Futures
- Facebook - Film & Fashion Futures
- AZ International Women's Day
- Arizona Apparel Foundation - AAF
- Phoenix Fashion Week - Website
- The Creative Toy Box Website
- Dreaming Elegance - Use EVAFASHION for discount
- Dark Dignity Film - Website
- Jessica Frost Movie - Facebook
- Eva Louis - Acting Website
- Sign Up for Acting Classes - The Artist's Box
- Happiness Movement!!
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Fashion with a Cause
Where is fashion today? It’s in absolutely everything…just think about it. There isn’t one thing that you don’t wear that doesn’t have some kind of fashion statement about it. Fashion isn’t just for the runway, or the red carpet, or a gala event. It’s mostly about who we are, what we represent, how we feel, who we want to be perceived as and it is a basic need. I haven’t professionally studied fashion but I’ve been aware of it all my life. Its funny when you look back over your past and especially the pictures, the changes you see evolve from year to year, event to event, going back as far as pre-school through college and beyond.
Many of us have the opportunity to enjoy fashion through special events, celebrations, major life milestones, accomplishments and other great reasons. Often a special dress, suit, outfit, shoes, or other is obtained for wearing or enjoying as part of the activity. What is great about these times is that you will have those special moments memorialized by pictures and you have the opportunity to reflect on yourself, your image and how you felt as a result of it. During these times, the conscience thought process of fashion and fashion influences may not be an obvious area to think about, but I beg to differ. It is not self-centered, or diva-ish or selfish even to consider how you look, want to look, and if you want to change anything. This goes for not only what you wear, but how you see yourself on the inside and out. There are many studies that state when a person feels good about themselves, they tend to walk taller and stronger and exude a confidence that is not always obvious otherwise. This comes out also in how they dress as well. This is why these events are considered special because you get to display through fashion how you feel .
• Family Promise AZ - Family Promise – Greater Phoenix is one of 159 Family Promise programs throughout the country temporarily meeting the needs of homeless families. Family Promise has affiliates in 38 states and the District of Columbia. Altogether there are more than 5,000 congregations and more than 120,000 volunteers who have assisted 140,000 guests since 1988. The parent organization’s website is found at FamilyPromise.org. Kimberly Noe is a great working contact for them if you need to find out more information.
• IHELP - Interfaith Homeless Emergency Lodging Program - Tempe Community Action Agency (TCAA) in partnership with more than 30 faith communities, service clubs and businesses provides homeless individuals with hope and opportunity for a better future by offering shelter, meals and connections to community services.
• Fresh Start Women’s Foundation Resource - Fresh Start Women's Foundation is an Arizona-based non-profit organization dedicated to helping empower women through the services of the Jewell McFarland Lewis-Fresh Start Women's Resource Center. This Center, the first comprehensive self-help center for women in the country, opened in October 2002 and currently provides resources to more than 2,500 women a month.
Each of these organizations is open to donations and clothing especially as this year has proven to be a tough one and the needs are high. So if you are looking to make a difference, you can with your fashion help these causes. They are always looking for quality clothing that can be used to allocate to individuals and those in need especially where they can be used for bettering the individual’s situation. Today, take that opportunity to see if you can help these causes with your fashion!!!